What we’re looking for:
Uproot is a literary journal whose main interest lies in place–more specifically, moving from place to place. We’re interested in geological and emotional estrangement, displacement, alienation, longing, and all of the other contradictory feelings associated with moving to a new/old location. We want to read and share literature that challenges notions of genre, work that pulls you up by the roots and plants you somewhere else, somewhere unexpected.
General Submission guidelines:
● We are especially interested in hybrid works, including flash fiction, prose poetry, and the lyric essay. Our only limitation is that submissions fall under 5,000 words and contain no more than 6 individual works.
● Please submit work as either .doc/.docx file or PDF file as attachments.
● We do not accept work that has been copied and pasted into the body of an email.
● Please submit a brief 60 word bio written in the 3rd person.
● Please send only original, unpublished work.
● We do accept simultaneous submissions.
● If your work has been published elsewhere please let us know so we can retract your submission.
● We do not accept multiple submissions. We will only accept one submission per person per submission window.
● Our current submission window for our next issue will be announced as soon as possible.
● Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for reading!
|Uproot supports Electronic Rights||Like us on Facebook||Follow us on Twitter|